Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Slow and steady

I did the majority of my preliminary inquiries last night and got a good response back so it looks like my beach wedding plan is on the ball. I just have to get around to some of the big family members like mothers, grandmothers, etc.

Instead of working I've been spending all of my time researching hotels, and villas so that I can get ideas on the pricing. What I'm currently debating with is what kind of scene I'm inviting my guests to. I would like to have something nice and chill in Rincon not only because it's the area I'm most familiar with, but because I could probably get a lot of help from my dad with arrangements.

Rincon, however, is not a big busy area. It's a surf town, no big clubs, no mall, movie theatre etc. only restaurants, small shops, and bars (although I read that a lot of them are pretty good.) I worry that everyone will be bored. I mean personally all I want is to lay in beach water for the entirety of my stay but that may not be everyone else's idea of a good time.

I've been looking into San Juan because that's the big touristy area with buses and lots of shopping and nightclubs but a wedding there is so expensive and lets face it, I am nowhere close to rich.

So I worry, and I research, and I worry some more, and hopefully I can get the number of people willing to travel to see Gil and I tie the knot by the end of this month so that I can really get the figures together.

Now that I think about it, I might just give up and go to City Hall after all :-I

No comments:

Post a Comment