Monday, February 14, 2011

And it starts

So Gil and I finally decided that being engaged for about six years is long enough and since we haven't killed each other yet we'll get married. After all this time together we have never quite agreed on the anniversary date so we think that 11/11/11 will be painless enough for memory purposes.

I had originally planned for us to get married sometime in 2012 and that it would be a City Hall deal with us meeting friends for a celebratory dinner afterwards. This weekend Gil brought up the option of a "destination wedding." In particular, one in Puerto Rico so that my dad and siblings can freely attend. Growing up, a wedding on a beach somewhere was what I wanted and now that I really think about it as a possibility it is completely exciting.

I assume the first step should be finding out how many people would actually be able to fly out to Puerto Rico on this particular weekend. I'm shooting for about 20 in total cause I know that it's a recession and people are falling on hard times. So the question is, will I be able to find a place that is right on the beach, not too far from civilization, where my guests will be able to stay for 3-4 days at about 250-ish per person. I think this sounds like a good general plan but then again, I have never planned a destination wedding or known anyone that has and so I don't know for sure.

I assume that today is will be the first day of a nine month headache. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment